Friday 7 February 2014

I visited Jane Austen house in Chawton, Hampshire, in March 2013. This is where I got most of the inspiration for my book, Long Lost. Her house is so magical, literally stepping back in time. I was glad I went 'out of season' as the village... was so peaceful and pretty, just as I had imagined it (the car park was also easy to get into as it only holds around 30 cars!). I practically spent all day in the house and gardens, soaking up the atmosphere and imagining it when Jane lived there. By the time I got home I was pumped up and ready to throw myself into my writing! I took lots and lots of pictures to remind myself of every little detail, details I was hoping to convey in my own book. If you're a fan of Jane's I would thoroughly recommend you go there, it's definitely worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment