Friday 13 June 2014

Every Friday I will be doing AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT FRIDAY. On today we have....Devika Fernado


Can you tell us a little about yourself?

 

Almost as soon as I could write, I imagined stories and poems. After finishing my education in Germany and returning to my roots in Sri Lanka, I got a chance to turn my passion into my profession. I write romance novels, poems and web content (in German). My trademark are sweet, yet deeply emotional romance stories where the characters actually fall in love instead of merely falling in lust. I draw inspiration from everyone and everything in life. What I love most about being an author is the chance to create new worlds and send my protagonists on a journey full of ups and downs that will leave them changed. When I’m not writing, I’m reading or thinking about writing.

 

 

Can you tell us about your newest book?

 

I published my debut, the contemporary romance novella “When I see your Face”, in March this year. Here’s the blurb:

Cathy has had enough. Having run away from her abusive husband, she tries to pick up the broken pieces of her life in a remote village, focusing on her dream to start her own cake business. Finding true love is the last thing on her mind. When she comes face to face with a man who looks exactly like the one she is struggling to forget, life throws the biggest challenge yet at her: Should she give in to his charm and care or is history going to repeat itself?

It’s available as an eBook on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ISK51P8

I’m planning to publish my second book, the paranormal romance novel “Playing with Fire”, at the end of June.

 

 

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

 

Sometimes I come across (aspiring) writers who are surprised that I read so much. That, in turn, surprises me, because I believe without reading, there’s no writing. My advice is that writers should read as much as they can – fiction and non-fiction, all the genres and literature types – because there is no limit to what you can learn from others.

And also: Practice makes perfect!

 

 

My website & blog: http://www.devikafernando.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment