Friday 13 June 2014

Today on AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT FRIDAY.... Tracy Krimmer, Author

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I began writing when I was in grade school, and my first love was poetry. I read a lot of Maya Angelou and Emily Dickinson. In fact, durin...g a history lesson in 8th grade we were to dress as our favourite person from history, and I dressed as Emily Dickinson. I went on a long hiatus, and started writing again in 2012. Besides writing, I read a lot, having read over 70 books last year, and over 30 already this year. I’m always reading.

Can you tell us about your newest book?

Pieces of it All is a New Adult Contemporary Romance with a twist. When many hear New Adult, they immediately think of books like Fifty Shades of Grey or Bared to You. While this book is a romance, you won’t find any whips or chains. The book is about Beth, a new high school graduate trying to figure out who she is, and Harvey, a recovering alcoholic attempting to put his life back together. Their two lives collide, and Beth learns about the type of person she is and strives to be, while Harvey has to make some choices about himself while coming to terms with a difficult past. I loved writing this book, and I think those that read it, will love it, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Pieces-All-Tracy-Krimmer-ebook/dp/B00K6IBXU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399498340&sr=8-1&keywords=tracy+krimmer


Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

This is advice given all the time, and it really rings true. Write. Just write. The only way to improve yourself is to keep practicing. Also, the only way you’ll ever finish writing a novel is to actual write the words. When I am having difficulty writing a scene, I write what I want to happen and move on. I can fix it in revisions. The first draft is for your eyes. Write whatever you need to finish it.

www.facebook.com/KrimmerAuthor and on Twitter I am at www.twitter.com/tkrimms

No comments:

Post a Comment