Friday 27 June 2014

On todays AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT FRIDAY!.....Angela Horning-Archer!
Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Living in a small town in Oklahoma with my husband and two daughters, I spend my days enjoying the outdoors with my family and chasing around two horses, two goats, six chickens, a dog, and two cats. I live life on a farm, milking goats, collecting eggs, and cooking and baking from scratch. It's hectic, at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Growing up, I always wanted to write a novel. I never believed I could, though, so every time the desire flickered, I shoved the thought from my mind. Burying it deep down and ignoring it until one morning I awoke with the determination to finally follow my dream.

Can you tell us about your newest book?

My debut novel, The Woman on the Painted Horse released on Amazon from Soul Mate Publishing in March and is doing great. It's a historical romance set during the Civil War in 1861. My second novel, In the Land of Gold, is also to be released from Soul Mate Publishing, and is slated for a November release. It's another historical Romance set in 1897 during the Klondike Gold Rush. Currently, I'm working on finishing up my third novel, another historical romance, When the Black Roses Grow, set in 1692 during the Salem Witch Trials.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

Never give up. My first novel took me 4 1/2 years from the time I started outlining it until it was live on Amazon. I thought it was finished a total of 3 different times, and began submitting it only to get rejected time and time again. It would have been easy to just give up, but I didn't. I woke up at 4:30am every morning and just kept writing, revising, and editing. In total, I received 29 rejections and 5 contract offers.

LINKS




 

No comments:

Post a Comment