Friday 27 June 2014

Today on AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT FRIDAY!.... Hope Crago!

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I am from a small town in West Virginia (USA) but have moved all throughout the United States in the past 15 years. I have always loved writing and... was involved with public speaking in 4-H as a kid as well as involved with my high school's Newspaper Staff. Along the way I have obtained my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice in which I worked Loss Prevention apprehending shoplifters for over 3 years. During this time I developed a real passion for educating teens on rash decision making pertaining to many different aspects of tough decisions teens go through as they transition from a child into a teen and then into a young adult. My hope is to help teens and young adults become more successful in life by relating my experiences throughout my life thus far as it pertains to ways I could have saved much money, time and stress.

Can you tell us about your newest book?

My newest book Rash Decision Making: Observe. Think. Proceed with Action. gives my readers a look at the rash decisions I made in my teenage years and in my younger adult that cost me 1000's of dollars and what I learned from those experiences to better my life. I share these experiences in hopes that others, especially young people will not make the same mistakes that I did. I believe education regardless the topic is a key to being successful in the world we live in today.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

My advice to aspiring writers is that writing a book or public speaking shouldn't be a method to getting rich quick, because most will not. If you write just for the money then you may be in the wrong profession. If you do write, write something that you are passionate about. Remember there are no dumb ideas. The only dumb idea you'll have is not putting your idea into play. As a writer keep your head high even through the hard times and believe in yourself. When you are confident about what you are writing about, others will see that confidence and be more open to see your work. Most of all when the going gets tough in this profession excuses will get you nowhere, keep your head up, keep moving forward and stay positive.

LINKS

You can find my books on Kindle or on my website: www.hcwriter.com.
I can be followed on Twitter @ h_clst.
I can be followed on Facebook at Life Saving Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment